The Guadalupe River was named by the de Anza expedition on March 30, 1776, Rio de Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe, in honor of the Mexican saint who was the principal patron saint of the expedition. Guadalupe Dam and Reservoir is one of the six original systems approved for construction by voters in 1934. The dam is located on Guadalupe Creek adjacent to Hicks Road. The reservoir can store 3,415 acre-feet of water. The surface area of the reservoir is 74 acres.*
*Reservoir storage values have been updated to reflect recent survey results.