IF YOU ARE A SINGLE-FAMILY RESIDENTIAL CUSTOMER AND WOULD LIKE TO APPLY FOR THE HET REBATE PROGRAM ONLINE, PLEASE GO TO: http://scvwdrebates.waterprograms.com/
IF YOU REPRESENT A COMMERCIAL, INDUSTRIAL, OR INSTITUTIONAL SITE OR ARE A MULTI-FAMILY PROPERTY MANAGER AND WOULD LIKE TO APPLY FOR A REBATE THROUGH THE HET REBATE PROGRAM, PLEASE CONTACT THE DISTRICT’S CONTRACTOR, CONSERVISION CONSULTING, AT 1-877-874-8479
The Santa Clara Valley Water District is offering rebates to Santa Clara County residents, businesses, and agencies for installing qualifying PREMIUM model High Efficiency Toilets (HETs) that save, water, energy, and money. Each site can qualify for up to $125 per qualifying PREMIUM model High Efficiency Toilet.
Rebates are approved for toilets at sites within Santa Clara County that have not received a prior toilet rebate nor were received through a direct installation, distribution, voucher, or other District funded toilet program. If you are unsure whether your home or business has participated in a District funded program, please contact ConserVision at 1-877-874-8479.
To apply for a rebate through the High Efficiency Toilet Rebate Program, please follow these simple steps:
1) Purchase any qualifying PREMIUM model High Efficiency Toilet from the District’s Qualifying Product List .
2) Install the toilets.
3) Go to http://scvwdrebates.waterprograms.com/ and apply for the HET rebate online. You must have your itemized receipt(s) and a copy of your water bill in order to apply.
4) Mail the original sales receipt or itemized invoice as well as a copy of your most recent water bill and a completed W-9 Form (if you are seeking rebates totaling $600 or more) to ConserVision Consulting with your online Application ID. If you purchase your toilet online, you are required to include a printed receipt along with the original packing list that comes with the toilet. Toilet(s) must be installed and working and completed program application and original receipt(s) submitted to the District's contractor within 90 days of purchase date.
5) If you are not applying online, you will need to complete a High Efficiency Toilet Rebate Program Application and mail it with the required materials described above.
6) Please allow up to 12 weeks for your rebate to be processed from the time your completed rebate application is received by ConserVision Consulting. If you already submitted an HET Application online and would like to check the status of your rebate, please login at the following website using the e-mail address and password that you provided when you applied online: http://scvwdrebates.waterprograms.com/login_102.php
For more information, or to receive a High Efficiency Toilet Rebate Program Application, please call the District’s contractor, ConserVision Consulting, at 1-877-874-8479.
What is a PREMIUM model HET?
PREMIUM model High Efficiency Toilets (HETs) are WaterSense certified, flush at 1.06 gallons (4 Liters) or less, and maintain a MaP flush performance score of at least 600 grams of waste removed in a single flush. MaP stands for the Maximum Performance scale that rates toilet efficiency and flush performance and gives detailed information on individual toilet characteristics. This comprehensive information is up-to-date and independently verified. For more information on the PREMIUM model HET Toilets, see the following website online: http://www.map-testing.com/info/menu/map-seach-info.html
- Rebates are approved for toilets at sites within Santa Clara County that have not received a prior toilet rebate nor were received through a direct installation, distribution, voucher, or other District funded toilet program.
- Only toilets approved by the District will qualify for a rebate. Click here to download the list of approved PREMIUM model HETs.
- Residents are limited to three rebates per single-family household. Multi-family properties, businesses, and agencies are only limited by the number of qualifying toilets on site.
- Approved PREMIUM HET toilets must be installed at the approved site within Santa Clara County.
- Toilet(s) must be installed and working and completed program application and original receipt(s) submitted to the District’s contractor within 90 days of purchase date.
- Installation and new construction costs are not covered by this rebate.
- As rebates of $600 or more can be considered taxable income by the IRS and the State, customers receiving rebates totaling $600 or more are required to include a completed and signed W-9 Form.
- Rebates are available for purchasing qualifying toilets until June 30, 2015, or until funding is depleted, whichever comes first.
Where can I find HETs?
To find retailers in Santa Clara County that sell qualifying PREMIUM model High Efficiency Toilets, click here to download a list of retailers.
What can I do with my old toilet?
There are several recycling locations in Santa Clara County that will recycle or dispose of old toilets. Click here to download the toilet recycler and disposal list.
For more information or to receive a HET Rebate Program Application, please call the District’s contractor, ConserVision Consulting, at 1-877-874-8479.