NEW High Efficiency Toilet Rebate Program
IF YOU ARE A SINGLE-FAMILY RESIDENTIAL CUSTOMER AND WOULD LIKE TO APPLY FOR THE HET REBATE PROGRAM ONLINE, PLEASE GO TO: http://scvwdrebates.waterprograms.com/
IF YOU REPRESENT A COMMERCIAL, INDUSTRIAL, OR INSTIUTIONAL SITE OR ARE A MULTI-FAMILY PROPERTY MANAGER AND WOULD LIKE TO APPLY FOR A REBATE THROUGH THE HET REBATE PROGRAM, PLEASE CONTACT THE DISTRICT’S CONTRACTOR, CONSERVISION CONSULTING, AT 1-877-874-8479
The Santa Clara Valley Water District is offering rebates to Santa Clara County residents, businesses, and agencies for installing qualifying High Efficiency Toilets (HETs) that save, water, energy, and money. Each site can qualify for up to $125 per qualifying PREMIUM model High Efficiency Toilet and up to $50 per qualifying non-PREMIUM High Efficiency Toilet. Residents paying for water service within a cost sharing area, including the City of Morgan Hill, can receive up to $250 per qualifying PREMIUM model HET and up to $100 per qualifying non-PREMIUM HET.
Rebates are approved for toilets at sites within Santa Clara County that have not received a prior toilet rebate nor were received through a direct installation, distribution, voucher, or other District funded toilet program. If you are unsure whether your home or business has participated in a District funded program, please contact ConserVision at 1-877-874-8479.
To apply for a rebate through the High Efficiency Toilet Rebate Program, please follow these simple steps:
1) Purchase any qualifying PREMIUM model High Efficiency Toilet or any qualifying non-PREMIUM High Efficiency Toilet from the District’s Qualifying Product List .
2) Install the toilets.
3) Go to http://scvwdrebates.waterprograms.com/ and apply for the HET rebate online. You must have your itemized receipt(s) and a copy of your water bill in order to apply.
4) Mail the original sales receipt or itemized invoice as well as a copy of your most recent water bill and a completed W-9 Form (if you are seeking rebates totaling $600 or more) to ConserVision Consulting with your online Application ID. If you purchase your toilet online, you are required to include a printed receipt along with the original packing list that comes with the toilet.
5) If you are not applying online, you will need to complete a High Efficiency Toilet Rebate Program Application and mail it with the required materials described above.
For more information, or to receive a High Efficiency Toilet Rebate Program Application, please call the District’s contractor, ConserVision Consulting, at 1-877-874-8479.
What is a PREMIUM model HET?
PREMIUM model High-Efficiency Toilets (HETs) are WaterSense certified, flush at 1.06 gallons (4 Liters) or less, and achieve a MaP flush performance score of at least 600 grams of waste removed in a single flush. MaP stands for the Maximum Performance scale that rates toilet efficiency and flush performance and gives detailed information on individual toilet characteristics. This comprehensive information is up-to-date and independently verified. For more information on the PREMIUM model HET Toilets, see the following website online: http://www.map-testing.com/info/menu/map-seach-info.html
What is a non-PREMIUM HET?
Beginning in 1999, manufacturers began introducing what are known as “High-Efficiency" toilets, or HETs. HETs are defined as having an effective flush volume of 1.28 gallons (4.8 Liters) or less. The HET category includes both single flush and dual-flush fixtures. A Santa Clara Valley Water District qualifying non-PREMIUM High-Efficiency Toilet is WaterSense certified, MaP tested, and flushes at 1.28 gallons or less. For more information on types of toilets, see the following website online: http://www.map-testing.com/toilet-types/ and for more information on the testing and performance of HETs, see the following website online: http://www.map-testing.com/consumers/
- Rebates are approved for toilets at sites within Santa Clara County that have not received a prior toilet rebate nor were received through a direct installation, distribution, voucher, or other District funded toilet program.
- Only toilets approved by the District will qualify for a rebate. Click here to download the list of approved PREMIUM model HETs and non-PREMIUM HETs.
- Residents are limited to three rebates per single-family household. Multi-family properties, businesses, and agencies are only limited by the number of qualifying toilets on site.
- Approved HET toilets must be installed at the approved site within Santa Clara County.
- Toilet(s) must be installed and working and completed program application and original receipt(s) submitted to the District’s contractor within 90 days of purchase date.
- Installation and new construction costs are not covered by this rebate.
- As rebates of $600 or more can be considered taxable income by the IRS and the State, customers receiving rebates totaling $600 or more are required to include a completed and signed W-9 Form.
- Rebates are available for purchasing qualifying toilets until June 30, 2014, or until funding is depleted, whichever comes first.
Where can I find HETs?
To find retailers in Santa Clara County that sell qualifying PREMIUM model High Efficiency Toilets and non-PREMIUM High Efficiency Toilets, click here to download a list of retailers.
What can I do with my old toilet?
There are several recycling locations in Santa Clara County that will recycle or dispose of old toilets. Click here to download the toilet recycler and disposal list.
For more information or to receive a HET Rebate Program Application, please call the District’s contractor, ConserVision Consulting, at 1-877-874-8479.