Rebate Increase Announcement: As of April 22, certain rebate amounts for several key programs have doubled, while others have increased significantly. These increases are temporary, through December 31, 2014, and certain restrictions apply.
- On April 22, 2014, the Landscape Conversion Rebate increased to $2.00 per square foot of converted high water using landscape to low water using landscape. The rebate amount within a cost-sharing partner area increased to $3.00 - $4.00 per square foot. For more information, please call the Water Conservation Hotline at (408) 630-2554.
Irrigation Hardware Upgrate Rebates
. Several irrigation hardware rebates have increased, for dedicated landscape meters, flow sensors and hydrometers, and Weather-Based Irrigation Controllers. Click here for more information
New Program Announcement
- New Laundry-to-Landscape Graywater Rebate Program. Receive up to $200 per residential site for properly connecting a clothes washer to a graywater system. Click here for more information or call the Water Conservation Hotline at (408) 630-2554 to schedule a pre-inspection.
Important Program Note
By incorporating water-efficient gardening techniques, you can create a beautiful garden while reducing irrigation water usage from 20 to 80 percent. The following Santa Clara Valley Water District programs can help you conserve water.
Interested in downloading the Landscape Rebate Program flyer? Click on the following link to download: Landscape Rebate Program Flyer
Click here for the Drought Survival Lawn Care tip sheet.
Click below for:
Water-Wise House Calls
Are you concerned about high water bills and would you like to use less water? Sign up today for a FREE House Call. House Calls are available for Santa Clara County residents. Trained water surveyors will come out to your home or apartment complex and spend at least an hour with you, reviewing your water use, providing low-flow showerheads and aerators (if needed), and suggesting water-wise recommendations - including an irrigation schedule for your landscape. A Water-Wise House Call is required for homeowners prior to participating in the Landscape Rebate Program.
To learn more about the Water-Wise House Call Program, click here: Water-Wise House Call Program.
San Jose Water Company customers, please call (408) 279-7900 to request a Water Water Audit.
To find out your water retailer, click here.
Landscape Rebate Program
The Landscape Rebate Program is designed to assist homeowners and commercial, industrial and institutional property owners increase efficiency in outdoor water use by converting qualifying high water using landscape and/or upgrading to high efficiency irrigation equipment. Simple changes in plant type and irrigation methods can greatly reduce the water required for an attractive landscape. There are many plants that use surprisingly little water. There are also several irrigation equipment upgrades that can increase your irrigation system’s efficiency which can result in saving water and saving money. The first step is to participate in the Water Wise House Call Program.
Click here for more Landscape Rebate Program information.
For a list of Landscape Professionals that have had experience working with the Landscape Rebate Program, click here.
Water-Efficient Landscaping Workshops and Events
Throughout the year, the Water District offers landscape workshops and other related classes and events to Santa Clara County residents. In addition to these classes and events, other agencies in the area provide workshops and programs on landscape topics - click here for more information.
Top of page
Landscape Survey Program
Since 1994, the Santa Clara Valley Water District has been helping landscape managers improve their sites' irrigation efficiency. Through the innovative Landscape Survey Program, surveyors perform free site evaluations to assist property owners on how to better manage their site's landscape water usage. Our surveys have shown potential savings of up to $1,000 per year per acre of landscape.
To learn more about the Landscape Survey Program, click here.
Landscape Rebate Program
The Landscape Rebate Program is designed to assist homeowners and commercial, industrial and institutional property owners increase efficiency of outdoor water use by converting qualifying high water use landscape and/or upgrading to qualifying high efficiency irrigation equipment. Simple changes in plant type and irrigation methods can greatly reduce the water required for an attractive landscape. There are many plants that use surprisingly little water. There are also several irrigation equipment upgrades that can increase your irrigation system’s efficiency which can result in saving water and saving money. Click here for more Landscape Rebate Program information. For a list of Landscape Professionals that have had experience working with the Landscape Rebate Program, click here.
Top of page
For landscape professionals
Landscape Professionals List
For a list of landscape design, construction, and/or maintenance companies that have worked with three or more Landscape Rebate Program participants, click here. This list is intended to help participants find landscape professionals that have had experience with the Landscape Rebate Program but is not intended to be an endorsement of any one company. If you wish to be added to, or removed, from this list, or have general questions, please contact Ashley Carter at (408) 630-2951 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualified Water Efficiency Landscapers (QWEL) List
QWEL is a certification program developed to educate landscape professionals and their customers on the benefits of sound landscape design, management and irrigation practices. For more info about QWEL, click here.
Trained in water-wise landscape practices including plant selection, irrigation system design and water management, a QWEL graduate will help meet your landscape needs while keeping your outdoor water use in check. Find a Qualified Water Efficient Landscaper in your area.
Irrigation training workshops for professionals
Designed for landscape professionals, these workshops focus on the latest in water-efficient landscaping and irrigation techniques. Classes in both English and Spanish use classroom and field settings. To be added to our mailing list, call the Water Conservation Hotline at (408) 630-2554, or e-mail us. For more information, click here.
Best management practices (BMPs) for turf and landscape irrigation
The Irrigation Association has developed Best Management Practices (BMPs) that benefit landscapes, both large and small. For more information, go to the Irrigation Association website: http://www.irrigation.org/Resources/Turf___Landscape_BMPs.aspx
Top of Page
- The City of Mountain View is pleased to announce the launching of the “Mountain View Green Garden Showcase” program; the goal is to highlight environmentally-friendly gardens inside Mountain View to be used as examples and inspiration for the community. For more information, go to www.gardenshowcase.mountainview.gov.
- Visit the California Landscape Contractors Association’s Certification Program to learn about certified landscape contractors or click here to view a list of CLCA certified landscape contractors.
- Demonstration Gardens offer great ideas for your water-wise garden. Water-efficient demonstration gardens are wonderful sources of inspiration and practical information. All are open to the public at no cost.
Looking for plants that are water-wise
? Many nurseries in the Bay Area carry such plants and other water-efficient materials.
- Looking to install beautiful, low-maintenance landscaping that won't burst your water budget? Just click on over to San Jose Water Company's GardenSoft website for some ideas to get your started.
- For information about EPA WaterSense certified products, along with water savings tools and tips, please click here.
For more information, call our Water Conservation Hotline at (408) 630-2554, or check out these organizations:
Top of Page