STARTING JANUARY 1, 2015
Purchase and install a qualifying Energy Star Most Efficient clothes washer and you may be eligible to receive up to $150 for a combined water agency and PG&E rebate.
The model must be included on the Energy Star Most Efficient 2015 Qualifying Product List available at www.waterenergysavings.com. Please contact a PG&E representative at 1-800-933-9555 for more information.
Who is eligible?
Residents of Santa Clara County, except those in the city of Palo Alto (see below), are eligible. This offer applies to new, qualifying Energy Star Most Efficient clothes washers purchased at retail price. Resale or lease/rental option units are ineligible. Homes that have received a water conservation rebate for a clothes washer within the past 5 years are ineligible. Apply online at http://www.waterenergysavings.com or contact the Water Conservation Hotline at (408) 630-2554 or a PG&E representative at (800) 933-9555 for a list of qualifying washers and an application.
How to Apply
- Purchase and install a qualifying washer between January 1 and December 31, 2015.
- Washing machines using silver ion technology do not qualify for the water agency rebate.
- Ensure product is installed and operational before submitting your application to PG&E.
- Complete the application and submit to PG&E or apply online at www.pge.com/myhome/erebates within 60 days of purchase.
- You will need to refer to your PG&E energy bill, water retailer bill, and proof(s) of purchase.
- Incomplete applications cannot be processed.
- Include copy of proof(s) of purchase. Please retain the original for your records.
- Sign the application and make copies of all documentation for your records.
- Mail your completed application and enclose the proof(s) of purchase as soon as possible, since rebates are limited and awarded on a first come, first serve basis.
- All rebate applications must be postmarked or received online by PG&E no later than 60 days after the purchase date.
- Limit one water agency rebate per 5 year period.
- A rebate check is generally mailed six to eight weeks after PG&E receives a completed application including all required documentation.
- Log on at www.pge.com/rebates and click the Rebate Status button to check the status of your rebate online using your PG&E Account Number and Zip Code.
City of Palo Alto Residents
Rebate amount and application process differs in Palo Alto. City of Palo Alto residents need to apply for the rebate through the City of Palo Alto Utility's Smart Energy Rebate Program. Please visit the following website for more information: www.cityofpaloalto.org/resiwater.
To find your water retailer, click here.
How much can I save with a High Efficiency Washing Machine?
On average, a typical household will save 6,450 gallons of water, between $80-$100 in electricity, and $54 in detergent costs on a yearly basis. In addition, you will know that you are doing the environment a favor by saving water and energy, and reducing wastewater flows to San Francisco Bay.
How much does a High Efficiency Washing Machine cost?
Between $700 and $1,900 prior to receiving the rebate.
Many water efficient washing machines are space savers, giving you the option of stacking them with a compatible dryer. Most have the same capacity as traditional models, primarily because they do not have a central agitator.
For more information, please call the Santa Clara Valley Water District Water Conservation Hotline at (408) 630-2554.
Funded by the Santa Clara Valley Water District on behalf of the district’s water retailers as well as the Pacific Gas and Electric Company.