Santa Clara County single family, multi-family properties, and business properties with qualifying irrigation hardware can receive rebates for the installation of high efficiency irrigation equipment. The table below describes qualifying hardware and the rebate amounts available.
Qualifying Irrigation Hardware and Rebate Amounts
||Up to $50 per sensor
||Up to $5 per nozzle
|Dedicated Landscape Meter, Flow Sensor**, Hydrometer**
||Up to $500 per meter
|Rotor Sprinkers or Spray Bodies with Pressure Regulation and/or Check Valves
||Up to $20 per body
|Weather Based Irrigation Controller, 1-12 Stations*
||Up to $300 per controller
|Weather-Based Irrigation Controller, 13-24 Stations*
||Up to $700 per controller
|Weather-Based Irrigation Controller, 25 Stations Or Greater*
||Up to $1,000 per controller
*Must be on SCVWD Qualifying WBIC List and controllers must be installed with a rain sensor unless otherwise noted.
**Must be installed with a compatible irrigation controller to qualify. See manufacturer's specifications.
To view the SCVWD Qualifying High-Efficiency Nozzle List, click here.
To view the SCVWD Qualifying WBIC List, click here.
For a list of irrigation supply stores in Santa Clara County, click here.
Irrigation Equipment Rebate Eligibility
- Rebates are available for residents, businesses, or institutions located within Santa Clara County.
- Participants must own the property to be eligible.
- Applicants must attain pre-approval by participating in a qualifying pre-inspection and submit an Application Request Form to the water district. Customers participating in just the Irrigation Equipment Upgrade Rebate may be eligible to participate in an expedited pre-inspection. Please contact the Water Conservation Hotline (408-630-2554) for more details.
- Projects that have been started or projects that have already been completed prior to the Notice to Proceed are not eligible.
- New construction does not qualify as the Landscape Rebate Program is aimed at encouraging retrofitting of existing facilities.
- Only irrigation hardware approved by the Santa Clara Valley Water District will qualify for a rebate.
- Rebate material must be purchased after receiving a written Notice to Proceed from the water district.
- Projects must be completed within 90 days of receiving a written Notice to Proceed from the water district.
- Labor, installation, construction costs, delivery charges, hauling fees, rebates and discounts are not covered by this rebate.
Irrigation Hardware Upgrade Requirements:
- Customers must ensure that rebates are requested only for hardware which meets the program requirements.
- Irrigation hardware rebates over $50,000 will need to be approved on a case by case basis and proof of water savings may be required.
- Applicants must purchase eligible hardware that qualifies for a minimum total rebate of $75.
- Irrigation hardware must be low water using and equipped with pressure compensating devices and/or equipped with proper check valves.
- The system must be in good working order, free of leaks and malfunctions. In addition, the irrigation system, once installed, must not create run-off, overspray, or misting.
- Sites installing weather based irrigation controllers must have a rain sensor installed in order to receive a rebate unless otherwise noted. For a list of qualifying weather-based irrigation controllers, please see the Qualifying WBIC List enclosed with your application or click here.
- Rebates are provided for upgrading existing conventional controllers to qualifying weather-based controllers.
- All receipts for rebate materials must be submitted upon request.
- Rebates may be considered taxable income by the Internal Revenue Service and/or the State of California and a signed W-9 form must be provided with the application for rebates $600 or more received within one calendar year.
Top of Page